Monday, March 10, 2014

Social Networking Sites

There are many social net working websites that people use to socialize with others. Most social networking websites are free to everyone. There are probably a large amount of social networking websites that are not free to others but I believe that the most popular websites are the ones that are free. Today's most popular social networking websites are probably Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and Instagram

Facebook today is probably the largest and most well known social networking website today. I personally am a user of Facebook and I enjoy it because I get to connect with my friends that I haven't seen in a while or friends that no longer live here anymore. It's easy to make plans with people on Facebook and communicate because you can add them into groups and everyone gets to talk at once and together. I think that Facebook is a good social networking websites but i do not like the fact that the photos that i post up are basically owned by Facebook. That's why I usually don't post up very personal pictures or post personal status.

MySpace was also very popular back then until Facebook became popular and everyone started to use Facebook. MySpace was more of a social networking websites for kids I guess. I think that it was mostly kids that used MySpace. I didn't really enjoy using Myspace because it was kind of complicated, you had to use codes to have layouts and you need codes and stuff to design your page, it was annoying. Also there were a lot of drama in school among other students, they were arguing because one person was on their top 8 and the other one wasn't. It was very funny to watch but sometimes they take it too serious and fights start to break out.

Twitter is also a very popular social networking website today and there are a lot of celebrities and businesses that tweet on twitter. I'm just not a big fan of twitter because it just doesn't really interest me. But maybe one day I will learn how to appreciate it. Twitter is something that you basically just tweet about and then you just have a small short conversation on it. Also big brand companies are also on Twitter, like Nike. When new limited amount of sneakers that are release you have to use the links that Nike tweet out in order to buy them.

Instagram is also a very popular social networking website today. There are a lot of people that use Instagram today, I am a user on Instagram also. All you basically do on Instagram is basically post up pictures for your friends or "followers" to see. It's a little different than Facebook and Twitter because you can not post any messages or anything on your status. It is basically strictly for posting pictures. People also use has tags to describe the pictures and stuff.

Overall I believe that all off these social media networking websites are good in their own way buy I think that Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram would be a better choice. They are the most popular social networking website and probably more people use it. But I would have to say to be more careful about what you post up, the pictures that you post up or the status that you post up because after you post it up it doesn't belong to you anymore and also because everyone is basically watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment